Chris Olsen from Botanica Gardens always has great advice on home and gardening projects.
Once again he's getting you ready for love with some great ideas for Valentine's Day.
First Segment: Valentine Gift with Heart
Say you love someone with a homemade heart.
Styrofoam Egg 3 7/8" x 5 7/8"
Thick craft glue
Reindeer Moss (any color)
1. Use scissors or serrated knife to cut egg n half lenghtwise.
2. Attach moss to heart shape with glue.
3. Use dental floss to secure base layer of moss to egg and the tie off at the back.
4. Glue another layer of moss where needed. When dry, trim with scissors to accentuate the heart shape.
Second Segment: Paint Your Heart
Here is an easy project for you to create that perfect romantic gift. Whether you think you are an artist or not, Chris promises that you can paint your own piece of heart.
Large prestretched artist's canvas
Assorted colors of acrylic paints (orange, yellow, red, lime, aqua, teal blue, and pink)
Wide chip brush
1. Lay canvas on covered work space. Working from above, squirt paint, one color at a time on canvas. Be random, don't worry about it being perfect! You really can't mess this up...
2. Mix paint with gel medium.
3. Using spatula, apply paint to create heart in center of canvas.
4. Go over heart gently with chip brush.
5. Apply additional paint squirts to heart as desired.
Check out the videos for step-by-step instructions! And you can always visit Chris at Botanica Gardens, located at 1601 Rebsamen Park Road, for help on any gardening projects.